Monday, November 28, 2011

Check out some of the items I have available for sale. New stuff is listed all the time. I'm having to use ebay for now, I hope to get my catalog page back up soon.

ebay auctions by jegner

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Found some stuff for sale

During the move out of the studio, I boxed up a few misc. items, and I hope to have some of them available in the coming weeks for sale. Please stand by. I don't have many copies, but I do have some neat items. I may end up listing them on ebay just to make it easy on me. Stay tuned.

Saturday, September 3, 2011

Life's curve ball!

Well, life has thrown me a major cure ball, something I thought would never happen. I can't go into details, but things are changing, and I don't know what will happen next. Stay tuned, and as I can add details, I will.

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Things are changing!

There are some things going on right now at the studios, and for now, at least, I won't be updating too often. A big announcement will be forthcoming I hope very soon. So stay tuned as I work on the next big thing.

Saturday, August 6, 2011

Redneck AC

My next gadget project is a 'redneck AC' and is run off a solar power cell/battery. Fill the cooler with ice, turn the fan on, and out blows nice cool air!

Busy Weekend

Today I worked on 3 projects. Since it's been 100 degrees F. for the last, oh, I don't know month, I decided to make some cheap fun and educational gadgets.

Here is the first, a Zeer pot, or Flower Pot refrigerator.

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Made a folding buck saw...easy!

This all started when I got the idea to make some gifts for some fellow campers. This is a prototype, and the final version will be even more streamlined, and lightweight.

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Summer hiatus.

Well, it's been 100 degrees F. here for so long now, and my yard is dead, burnt to a crisp. I'm having to take some time off from prop and costume making to work on other projects. I should be able to work about one day a month until the end of August. Forgive me if it takes a long time to get things done.

Monday, April 18, 2011

Finishing touches

Well, I am finishing the rebuild on the RFT blaster, and should have some molds done soon. I have some time this week to work on it, and I hope to have a prototype ready by the end of the weekend.

Monday, March 7, 2011

New month, new project

Well, March is here, and in a few days, I'm off for Spring Break. I'll be pretty busy, with a bathroom remodel, some downtime with my buds, and a new prop project too.

The DH-17, or Rebel Fleet Trooper Blaster is going to be done up next. By request from the good folks over on the Rebel Legion board, the process is as follows:

Step One: Make silicone mold of my converted Hasbro nerf gun.
Step Two: Cast a tooling resin from the new mold.
Step Three: Modify tooling resin casting with my own Sterling L2A3 Endcap and grip assembly. [Remember I use to sell the E-11 kits, back a few years ago, and still have my original E-11 built from all real parts to take molds off of]
Step Four: Chop up the Hasbro casting, stretching it in the proper places.
Step Five: Resculpt the trigger guard to be less dorky looking than the film version, but more robust than the original Sterling L2A3.
Step Six: Redesign the scope's clear front tip so that it can be cast in a clear resin, then glued on.
Step Seven: Make new silicone mold of the scope tip, and blaster.
Step Eight: Cast new version.

Thats going to basically be the process. Stay tuned!

Friday, January 21, 2011

First batch are in the mail.

The first batch of these bunker buster prop kits are in the mail. I have done some more research on the cryptic runes that appear on the back side of this prop, and I should have a download graphic ready in a day or two.

For more info and ordering these, I should have them added to the regular catalog page in a few days, but for now, you can get your own here:

TK560's catalog page

Monday, January 3, 2011

Bunker Busters are almost ready for 'prime time'

Well, I have made some progress, and am happy with the mold. I did several test castings, and to be honest none of them are exactly what I wanted to use in this application.

1 FlexFoam-It V is cool, but forget trying to make anything out of it with any sort of surface detail. Works great for Nerf foam balls, and fake scenery, but stinks for this applications.

2. Foam-It-8 is a cool product, and I can see lots of uses for it, might even cast a lightweight blaster from the stuff, but, I expect these 'Bunker Busters' to be tossed around a lot, and stuck on cars, doors, and such and these do break pretty easily. [I tested one with my 5 year old. Did not survive a few tosses] If we want to do some feather weight ones, this can be used for sure, but can not be tossed around or it will break easily.

3. Smooth-Cast 65D is an awesome material. Very resistant to chips, and breaks, and may become my new 'go-to' resin for general casting. Down side is, that even hollow, it's still heavier than the foam version.

4. Smooth-Cast 45D is another awesome material, and it can take a dye, if we wanted to do these in black. It is also very resistant to chips or cracks.

5. Feather Light. I am still testing this. Cure time is a bummer, 2 hours. Strength is not yet determined. Weight is still unknown.

Here are some pics of the test so far: